Re: [AMC-List] carb rebuidl help

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Ken Siroonian wrote:

>  The fuel pump is the
> original with the car, and i did not know it could over pump in the
> carb. maybe I shoudl just change it.

The original-type fuel pump won't be the problem. I was askin
in case you'd replaced it with an electric pump or something
(common on really old cars!). I wouldn't worry about the pump
then, at this step.

>  you can not test
> the needle and seat with the carb with the top off as the needle seat
> and float are attached to the top with a small pin.

But that's the best way to test it! Put a foot of hose on the
carb fuel inlet, stick the end in your mouth and blow. It's a
simple way to apply pressure to the needle and seat to see if
it's open or closed; you can hear air blowing through when open.