Re: [AMC-List] [BaadAssGremlins] custom die cast cars?

Re: [AMC-List] [BaadAssGremlins] custom die cast cars?

Doc's right on that, especially with diecast. There is more on this in my
'JUST STUFF' file on my site talking about 'your car is the star' program by
Johnny Lightning.

Alternatives! My suggestion would be to get ahold of a number of diecasts
like the big ERTL AMXs that are common colors and easily found like big bad
blue, hunter green, white to name three colors. You can buy these highly
detailed 1:18th (about a foot long) off ebay all the time cheap. You might
also consider something already done like the Motormax Gremlins and Pacers
in larger size, those are all over Wal Marts here for $9.97. And buy up X
amount, then get Tommytoys to customize them.  www.tommytoyz.com/ (their
website don't appear but their phone and area in Minnesota is on a google
search).

But armed with X amount, find out how much it would cost to customize a run
of them. I don't know if some of you remember a few years ago people were
sending ERTL's up to them and they made 60 AMXs 'restoration projects' I
believe 100 Big Bad Green (well before the Toys R Us exclusive came out!)
and several other limited ones. They would take out of box, customize,
reseal them and send back. The BBG AMXs were selling for $250-$400 each. The
Resto AMXs usually sold in the $100 range. Again, on the front of the box it
read '1 of 60' or '1 of 100' so people jast had to have them for their
personal collections. Possibly if you are considering doing a Gremlin or
Pacer or AMX use what already exists.

Another note. I wanted to have a 'commemorative AMX' done for the super
nationals in Kenosha in 1998 which was the largest AMC event in history (and
I think it was bigger that 2002 in terms of attendance and vehicles on/off
field) but I contacted PM about having one done, probably a 68-69 aMX or a
71-72 AMX as the dies were already done. For a 'mimimum run' of 10,000
vehicles (I supply the artwork on back of the card) it would have exceeded
$20,000. Needless to say I backed off real quick.

The Buick club years ago did however have a limited run of the GSX and was
selling thru their club store for something like $10 to clubmembers, and $15
to non clubmembers. Maybe we can get a 'badassgremlin' small custom diecast
made for this group modeled after Barts red car or something, someone simply
go pick up all these damned little Fresh Cherries on shelves right now and
take them out and if you have a steady hand before land of starbucks, you
can hand paint them. Or take rivets out and custom paint them. There are a
lot of ways around this.

If you looked closely at some of my auctions, you will see one of none made
miniatures I custom painted myself before I had some coffee so hands weren't
shaking like Janet Reno on Paxil.

Brat Stop: this has a custom miniature convertible Rebel Machine I made,
modeled after my own real car:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/amcdship23.jpg

Barton Motors:
Here is a NASCAR 73 Matador #16 I hand painted:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/amcdealership18.jpg

The late Steven Schall's convertible red AMX is on the front steps here:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/amcdealership26.jpg

Stakes' Conoco has a stealth black AMX with Centerlines:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/stakes_conoco6.jpg

and the Kenosha factory has several!!
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha10.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha12.jpg

So to me at least it can be done, but probably with existing models and
diecasts! PS: all of the above miniatures are currently on ebay int he
shameless plug department.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825