[AMC-List] bad bearing

I thought it might be a tubular shaft with no center bearing! The solid
and two piece ones do have a center bearing -- at least I'm pretty sure
the two piece does (know for a fact the solid does). It's rare that the
center bearing goes out since it's protected from the elements.

You'll have to pull an axle and get the number off the outer bearing.
Then match the number. The chain stores MIGHT have a bearing number
cross reference, but a bearing and drive supply WILL (look in yellow
pages under bearings and drives). If there are no bearing and drive
supplies in Lawton KS try a NAPA. They deal with a lot of industrial
customers and are more likely to be able to do something for you.

I'm reasonably sure you have an AMC 15. It will have the drain plug in
the rear cover. An AMC 20 has no plug in the cover -- it's in the front
of the housing center section.