[AMC-List] bad bearing

hopefully, my "bad bearing" issue was in the transmission. disassembled it. it had all kinds of build up all over in it. bearings were sticky, rough spinning, syncros were in good shape, but stuck. got a couple cans of brake/parts cleaner, tore it all apart, cleaned them all up real good, stuck it all back together. feels nice and smooth, shifts much smoother than before also. HOPEFULLY this does it. if not, just going to have to live with it till i finally find engine and tranny and get started on my swap. all the seals and everyhing look good. no where had bearings for the transmission. big suprise. one place could get me one of the bearings, but the other bearing no one even showed. these idiot kids they got workin the desks at these parts places now are total idiots. was trying to see if they had any gaskets for it. tail shaft and input shaft gaskets, cover gasket. dude kept asking me if i wanted a "pan" gasket also. i told him about 4 times it was a t96 3 speed manual.
 no "pan". looking in the wrong books and all. i hate how they do parts now days. kids that dont know what they are talking about, and dont want to listen to what you try to tell them. anyway. going to get the car all put back together today. see what happens

  dave stohler