Re: [AMC-List] 62 classic rear axle id

62 rear axle bearings: do you mean the outside, wheel end,
or in the center cluster as well?

There might have been variations from year to year re: tabs for
brake lines, vents, etc, but as far as I know, all of the torque
tube axles in those years are mainly either "six" or "eight".

I'm fairly sure there are "twin grip" eight axles, but I don't
think there was a twin grip six.

Probably the parts store is seeing a six axle, and an eight axle,
for a given modelk year.  Somehow I doubt there is a difference
in the outer axle bearing, race, grease seal, axle shaft, hub,
etc are different six vs. eight. Doesn't seem very Rambler-like.

Externally, any six (eight) torque tube axle assembly should
fit in any six (eight) car, and probably are interchangeable
six vs. eight, I just don't know about tube length and front
yoke trivia.

(There might also be possibly front (trans) yoke spine
differences for manual vs. auto, but I actually doubt that,
just check before assuming.)