Re: [AMC-List] Weird non-running issue with '82 Jeep CJ SOLVED!

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Nick Lenarz wrote:

> * Carb (MC2100) dirty: Nope. I have cleaned the carb three times now,
> with another rebuild kit. All tiny holes were cleared with copper wire,
> carb cleaner, and compressed air. All gaskets are new. 16" power valve
> is new and intact. Manual choke operates properly. No excessive leakage
> at throttle shaft, shaft rotates smoothly. All vacuum ports tightly
> capped. Air cleaner on/off during testing makes no difference.

It sounds like something is missing, broken, binding, etc,
like some dynamic problem with the float or whatever. Sounds
like you know what you are doing and the carb is clean.

The Motorcraft carbs work fine, you managed to get a bum
one. Damn bad luck!