Re: [AMC-List] header collectors and other stuff

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Armand Eshleman wrote:

> 1. The speedo cable is not bound, crimped or bent in too small a radius.....
> is there something inside the speedo itself that may be causing the needle
> to bounce under 30 mph.
> 2. Should I just buy a brand new speedo cable and start over with that??? is
> it possible the cable is not rotating smoothly until it reaches a certain
> rpm???

My particular speedo display head has a slightly bent cup;
the needle oscillates a bit at low speed and precisely 60mph.

I didn't mention it because it's more than unusual -- I bent
it when I was in there putting new dial faces on the gauges.

It's pretty obvious in my case; I can head a faint 'ding ding
ding ...', the flying magnet brushing the aluminum cup.

There's no real way for it to fail this way, other than
leaning on the cup.