[AMC-List] header collectors and other stuff

[AMC-List] header collectors and other stuff

hello everybody,

First off let me thank everyone who replies to any of my questions, past
present and future.

Questions.........................

1. Will a three inch Hooker collector fit a three inch flange on a set of
Hedman Headers??

2. What is best for header gaskets, the old fiber type or the new copper
type?? any one had any experience with these??

3. Is it smart to use stainless bolts with a allen socket head or better to
use the smaller hex head type header bolts?
    Antisieze lube of course.

Non related question, back to speedometers and the bouncy needle............

1. The speedo cable is not bound, crimped or bent in too small a radius.....
is there something inside the speedo itself that may be causing the needle
to bounce under 30 mph.
2. Should I just buy a brand new speedo cable and start over with that??? is
it possible the cable is not rotating smoothly until it reaches a certain
rpm???

Thanks,

Armand