[AMC-List] ebay car warning

WARNING!!!Hey Eddie, Pass this on. There is a 73 401 AMX on ebay that was
under auction number 330050584476 and is now under auction number
330050724895. The seller of this car is not being honest in his listing or
his answers to questions that have been posted. The seller was made ""VERY""
aware of what this car is with no response or change to his listing. This
car was located in the Wisconsin area and was viewed by me and the late
Steve Schall as a possible car to buy. Since this seller has not (and most
likely will not) post the issues with this car to his add. I will do it for
him here. Here is a list of what we found with this car up on viewing it.
Engine IS a 360 not 401, current engine (360)is blown. Floors,trunk,
rockers, outer and inner wheel housing, trunk drops, quarters are rotted.
Top of fenders are on the way out. Troughs are wasted. Sub-frame has rust
issues where floor pans are attached, etc.... rotted, both door glass &
quarter glass broken out. No door tag. Lower door panels have speaker holes
cut into them (you get the idea). Hopefully no one has purchased this car by
the time this gets out. And if it has been sold by the time this is put on
here, Pass the info on and hopefully the buyer sees this. If you are looking
to purchase this car... I would be VERY CAREFUL!!! ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS
and by all means GET PICTURES (if seller is willing to do so...) of all the
above. IF there are any of you AMC guys in IL that can get to this car and
view it (seller has posted a ph# and already gave a guy in Aurora IL a go to
have a look) see if you can get some pictures of the above. Bottom line is
this. IF you feel that a Title, vin tag and 401 fender emblem (and some
other parts)are worth the asking price... go ahead and buy it. If you are
looking to buy this car for a resto project... Look at the list above and
then take a look at the restoration link here on Eddie's page to get a good
idea of what you will be facing. Cheers and good luck to all. Bob in Madison
WI
I know nothing about the above, however found this posted on my site and am
only passing it on.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825