[AMC-List] IM HOME FROM IRAQ!!!

well amc friends, i am now home from iraq for good.  got home, changed, unloaded all my gear. stuck the key in my 62 classic, pumped the go pedal about 2 times, and she fired RIGHT up. nothin like gettin home from iraq, and goin for a cruise around town with the wife next to me in the rambler. hehe.

  so anyway. i think it was frank who mentioned the idea of popping the hub off the front drum and finding a rotor that would slip right over it and fabricating my own caliper mount. i have a mustang II disk brake kit. the rotors/hubs will not fit on my spindles. the bearings are all different and they are set in about 1.5" to far. so i think im going to find a rotor that will actually slip over my hub and modify my mustang II caliper mounts. see how well all this turns out. i plan to let everyone know what rotors i found that fit, and what i have to do to the caliper mounts to make them fit when i get it all done. hopefully it turns out nice.

  i noticed when i fired it up this time however.... its burnin oil now. i guess my valve guides are finally gone. has about 7500 miles in the last 5 years on unleaded fuel. i am unable to get lead substitute aditive stuff here. cant find any atleast. motor still runs good, just blows a cloud of smoke when i leave the stoplight or at higher rpms if im sittin still and put my foot in it. guess its time to get REAL serious about finding me a 304 for the transplant. anyone got one they want to "donate" to my cause?? lol. if anyone on the list has one they want to get rid of, and only a few hours drive from lawton oklahoma im interested. now that im home and have some time to kill.

  dave stohler
  finally home :->