[AMC-List] Re; Speaking of Turbos

Snip

clifford has a pair of shorty headers, but they'd probably melt under
turbo heat, especially if you wrapped them to boost turbo power.
Snip

I just looked for what I though was Clifford's on line catalog. It has
been a bit since I looked for it. It seems that Clifford's web site is
now used as pointer to direct you to various suppliers. Is it because I
can't figure out how to use it or is Clifford no longer supplying parts?
I don't know why I would expect the headers to melt though as long as
they are quality parts.

Snip
i think it would be fun to do to an eagle sedan

there'd be quite a bit of extra weight with the t/c and front drive
parts, but the extra traction would let it launch like blazes.
Snip

The extra weight sure would be counterproductive though, once all four
wheels hooked up it would fall on it's face.
There is plenty of traction available with tire technology at the
present that not only would trying to set up four wheel drive be very
expensive but also very heavy.
At least that is my thoughts on it for what it is worth.

However for those guys looking at using later axles for some projects or
another, there is still the use of Chryco Mini Van wheels and Ford
Bronco Wheels that have some interesting back spacing to them and are
available in Steel in 15 inches and better I assume but I have 15 and 16
in aluminum here at the house.

John

" I can do a little welding so some fabrication is with in my reach.
There
" are plenty of turbo 2.2 Chryco K cars in junk yards for the source of
2
" small turbos.

these are water cooled too, right?  tempting...