Re: [AMC-List] Speaking of Turbos

" From: "John Elle" <johnelle@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" And doing a little noodling
"
" Another option would be to used some kind of a split manifold and dual
" turbos so that one could be mounted forward and the other aft of the
" suspension and use something like a late Concord body as they are still
" somewhat easy to find. My preference at this time would be to use a
" Concord Sedan 'cause if you are able to embarrass a GN it is better to
" do it with a ulitarian 4 door that some thing that is cooler. Although I
" would be forced to fill in those plug ugly windows in the rear sail
" panel. It would also need to be treated to a weight reduction diet to
" get into racing trim.

it's a pity the '99-up 4.0 head's ports are so small - it has an iron
split exhaust that'd be excellent for this, but they don't fit well on
any earlier 199/232/258/4.0 head.

clifford has a pair of shorty headers, but they'd probably melt under
turbo heat, especially if you wrapped them to boost turbo power.

i don't think it would be a challenge to mount a single turbo just
behind the spring tower.

i think it would be fun to do to an eagle sedan.  -lower- it, regular
hornet/concord hd rear springs -under- a jeep mj axle on the back,
regular sedan - probably v8 - front springs.  ditch the eagle flares,
find a good bodyman to flare the steel fenders a little more and fit
16x8 jeep wrangler wheels with something like 235/60s.  true track
diffs f&r.

there'd be quite a bit of extra weight with the t/c and front drive
parts, but the extra traction would let it launch like blazes.

" I can do a little welding so some fabrication is with in my reach. There
" are plenty of turbo 2.2 Chryco K cars in junk yards for the source of 2
" small turbos.

these are water cooled too, right?  tempting...