[AMC-List] Rambler Cross Country Side Trim?

Date: Tuesday, November 7, 2006 11:06 AM
From: johnny kazek <johnnykazek@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Michael Pell's "Big Ugly" 61 Rambler Cross Country and my 60 don't
   have any chrome trim on the
   sides
[1]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/johnnyzoom/ramblerstar
   t.jpg  .  Mine shows no signs that it's been taken off, yet I've seen
   pictures of same year and model with the trim.    Anyone know the
   story behind this, was it a package back then?

Johnny, the "plain jane" models usually had no side trim. I believe the
trim levels were "Deluxe" (no side trim), "Super" (some side trim), and
"Custom" (a little more trim). Of course trim in the interiors went up
with the levels. Note that I may have "Super" and "Custom" in reverse
order -- going from memory here! I do know that the "Deluxe" was
anything but -- it was the base model.