[AMC-List] List Traffic - light right now...

[AMC-List] List Traffic - light right now...

Traffic seems to go up and down with projects and weather. When
someone's working on a project and has questions traffic goes up, but
when the weather is good and people are out working on their cars it
seems to go down -- until they have a question. A lot of people just
lurk as well, and the archives are a lot more searchable now that
they're all on the www.amc-list.com site (all since the move to the new
server). 15 mails a day, mostly relevant to AMC, are better than 30-40
with over half being trivial things, I guess. But we can stand some
trivial matters when traffic is low! ;>

As Tom mentioned, the messages are going out to a large enough group,
there are just more people listening than talking!

I do want to mention that anyone can post comments/opinions at any time,
about anything relating to AMC or AMC projects, or even problems they
are having with another car they feel someone here can help with. If
someone "jumps on you" with a differing opinion, like if you post "how
do I install a Chevy V-8 in my Rambler" (or a Toyota Tundra V-8/Supra
six.. ;> ), don't worry about it! As long as they keep it reasonably
calm no moderator will say anything -- everyone has a right to their
opinion and it IS YOUR CAR. If they jump down your throat on the list
I'll definitely put the brakes on THEM. The same with any "flame job"
here on the list. Differing opinion is one thing, a perceived "attack"
is another. You won't likely see anything posted on the list itself, I
usually e-mail the offender directly and ask them to settle down. That's
usually all it takes. I only post on the list if there is an entire
thread getting out of hand and more than one person needs to be
addressed. The main thing to remember is if someone does respond to a
post in a manner that you perceive as "flaming" or "attacking" you,
DON'T RESPOND TO THEM -- at least not in a like manner. If it continues
past one or two posts Tom or I will send the offender a message, and if
necessary BOTH parties will be asked to cool it! If anyone has a problem
they should e-mail Tom or I and let us handle it. Keeps list traffic
down a little, but only negative comments. The only thing we won't
intervene in is if someone is sending you direct e-mail. In that case
you'll have to delete their messages and not respond, or contact your
ISP and have their address blocked. I've had to delete an individuals
messages for a month or two before they finally realized I wasn't going
to respond and gave up trying to goad me into an e-mail dialogue that
wouldn't have proved a thing.