[AMC-List] 61 Rambler Wagon door latch mechanism

[AMC-List] 61 Rambler Wagon door latch mechanism

On my '61 Rambler wagon, the driv door latch part, described as  "Lock
Outside Latch" in my service manual doesn't spring back when the door is
opened.
I can manually rotate it to shut the door, but if I do not rotate it,
then I can't close the door.

Would anyone have the spring required to rotate it back into position?

Thanks,
Mike

--
  I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than live my
  life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is. -Blaise Pascal

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6