Re: [AMC-List] Compressors

Art,
When looking at compressors make sure you get one of 1) good quality 2)
enough cfm output and 3) tank size.  I have a porter cable 7.5 hp, 13cfm, 80
gallon tank, 2 stage that cost around $800 dollars.  For the $300 more than
what your looking to spend you will never have to buy another compressor
again, (this is my third compressor, each larger than the last) and will be
able to grow as you learn new talents when working on the cars.  The 2 stage
compressor will allow it to catch up as you use the air in the tank and the
13 cfm will allow you to run pretty much anything you want.  Also make sure
you invest and study on how to install a good air system after the tank, ie.
regulator, lubricator, air filter.  Depending on what you plan on in the
future should be taken into account, if you don't plan on anything else just
get a small horizontal compressor that can be stored easily.

Dan Whitehead
Southern Wisconsin
'82 Spirit GT
'70 BBO Donohue