[AMC-List] In the hole

As the supply of unsold American cars piles up, can Toyota's sales head ahead of both Ford's and GM's?  Can half of Visteon's engineering staff and three-quarters of its factory employment be headed to India, China, Turkey, and Eastern Europe in three years?  Can Sebring go head-to-head with Honda?  Can Ford head off disaster to profit from a new V-8 "Boss"?  Can Chrysler head ahead by assembling vehicles for VW or can Mopar still fall back like when AMC faced Omni-present failure by assembling K-cars in Kenosha --- yet headed off into the Horizon nonetheless?  Can "domestic" makes make headway heading into the future by cutting back on production and model choices?  Can an "American Motors Heads Ahead: 1974-1984" plan work today --- if it didn't work back then?  Finally, can America afford a 392 Hemi Challenger SS after it empties its pockets by standing on its head?  Soapbox derby or soap opera?  How's it headed?  To what end?

Were Archimedes' archeological find near Cupertino

>>From: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/226760642.html

not an SST, it could've been my erstwhile 550: a rarer model in the very same color, but in a different state of "wrecked" --- mine had been "Bondo-ed" to death.  (And it wasn't a natural Frost White; it was born a Tahiti Turquoise bombshell...)

I've recently acquired my first AMC car;  a '61 Rambler Wagon Deluxe.
Here's some pics:  http://www.indianachevelles.com/pellwagon.html
<<

In all its Virgil glory, it's a perfect Ex-ample of something your AMC experts haven't written about.  A fascinating chapter before there was such a thing as a crossover.  Do you know the what, why, or wherefore?

There's a -reason- for [almost] all auto styling.

http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B15449.jpg

Just as surely as there was a rare '61 Ambassador.

Wolfgang on and the amc-list this originated in your fatherland!

http://www.mis-group.com/funny/drunk/help_the_drunk_get_home-Original.htm
<<

Ch-eesh, Eddie (and it is good to see that Wolfgang still -is- around...), it originated in another place renowned for having fine heads of cheese

http://www.switzerland-cheese.com/deutsch/index_1.htm

(you have just four days to nominate your favorite -green- cheese fan...)

http://www.packers.com/fan_zone/fan_hall_of_fame/

and has more fun fuer fonz.

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/

Or for "South Park" fans...