Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 9, Issue 72

Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 9, Issue 72

Frank:

Ah - you're getting at what I really wanted to know, which was whether some of my vast collection of NOS valves would work in my '60 head.  I have 4 complete sets of exhaust valves and 3 of intake, but none match the part numbers for the '60 head.   I'll take the box of valves into the guy who's rebuilding the head to see what he thinks.

I know that for '62 the 196 OHV head was redesigned somehow to make the engine more efficient and improve mileage, but I really do not know what they did.  Anyone?

Incidentally, I have a number of sets of valves for the aluminium engine if anyone is interested.

- Justin