Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 9, Issue 67

Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 9, Issue 67

Andy,
The original T-96 was a NON OD. The T-14 OD transmission was shorter. I had
to have a drive shaft made. The original drive shaft was 4 feet and I had to
have a new drive shaft made to 4 feet 6 inches. The tranny crossmember was
modified by cutting the metal behind the transmission mount, heating the
metal then bending it down to extend the flat area where the tranny mount
will sit. New bracing was welded around the metal that was flatten, new
holes drilled to move the tranny mount back.
The 35 amp alternator did not put out enough amperage to operate the
overdrive and the A/C at the same time. I now have a 51 amp alternator and
Can run both overdrive and A/C. I also had to make up the wiring harness. I
use the wiring diagram in the TSM. You will also need to have a kickdown
switch with 4 prongs. Any other questions, you can e-mail me.
Thanks

Bob Hodson
Orlando, Fl
rhodsonscrambler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bob, thanks for the info. Was the original T-96 a NON OD? All the info
I've seen say that the T-96-OD is the same length as the T-14-OD. If so,
what drive shaft did you use? How did you modify the tranny
crossmember?Thanks for your help, I'm going to do this swap in the next
year.

Andy Ray
64 440H (2)
68 Javelin SST 343 4bbl