Re: [AMC-List] NYC to Dover in "new" 982 Jeep Truck --anyone along the w

Re: [AMC-List] NYC to Dover in "new" 982 Jeep Truck --anyone along the way?

A: A couple things I suggest for FSJ owners. Carry some wire (I suggest 14
gauge) and make an extra ground to the frame from the battery negative and
jumper from the alternator main terminal to the battery +. This will 90%
likely avoid any wiring troubles on your trip (bypasses the ammeter with one
and ensures good ground for the charging system and headlights, etc with the
other)

From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
	<Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] NYC to Dover in "new" 982 Jeep Truck --
anyone
	along the	way?
To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't expect any problems after discussing my "new" J-10's
condition
with the owner, but you never know! I'm only taking my
Leatherman with
me. Thought about taking a small tool kit, but I doubt there's
much I
could do, and you always seem to have brought everything except
what you
need when you do.

Anyone on here that's between New York City and Delaware along
I-95, or
in close proximity? If you don't mind, I'd like a phone number
just in
case! My wife's going with me "for the ride". We will both have
our cell
phones. It's only a three hour drive, but I expect to take it
easy and
take four hours since it's an unfamiliar vehicle. No point in
pushing
it! But it's a long walk...

-