[AMC-List] Dum breaks

okay, so the liberty has disks too.  how does that help an xj swap?
<<

read it again: sandwiched in there was fact that it debuted with drums, vented disks were aftermarket, and daimlerchrysler jeep's pitifully poor presentation was a crawl, but not this this conclusion

A: Actually, the Fliberty has rear drums.
<<

because you would have learned that

My liberty has disc brakes in the rear...
<<

read this report

http://tinyurl.com/y2h5bs

(or if it's too hard/slow/tiring to open/access, read this brief

http://www2.universitybusiness.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=585

instead): america must do better.  america can die like amc did.

[lower] court case closed.

But then, like AMC itself, AMC fans may be (are) "odd" as well.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/26/turbo-eagle/#comments

http://www.amcforums.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1160271897

Some of them keep AMC alive; if they didn't, AMC can die again.

http://www.amcforums.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1161206636

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/

And AMC must do better.

Even Dumler sees that.

Ding, dong, the strakes are gone: looks a little like a Subaru.

http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/SEMASebring/484813

Makes me think of so many things; don't have time to type them.

Ford can put bending lights --- halogen, not xenon, but whaddya want for Golf money --- on its European Focus (which is one generation newer than ours), but we get over-inflated Audi knock-offs with few guts and 13-mpg trucks.  The ancient Crown Vic/Grand Marquis are still built.  1978-2007 versus 1967-1978?  AMC "odd"?  Three new Ford compacts to debut by 2010; Asia will put a dozen new B-cars on US roads by then: we must do better.

Ford of Japan can sell the world's second-fastest FWD car (263hp with 0-60 in 5.9) for $23,000 (good luck getting one of the 5,000 [of 12,000] coming here for that): it's practical (it's a 5d HB), it's attractive (in a Scion tC way [better looking than Cobalt SS], and it's reliable (in a Toyota/Honda vein), but Ford of America can't afford to put the [Yamaha-designed] V-8 in its Lincoln flagship (which looks like a twin to a Lexus LS); if Hudson couldn't sell a mid-priced car without a V-8 in the '50s, how can Ford sell a luxury car with a V-6 50 years later?  (Even if a V-6 can do the job --- as Nissan has taught the world for a decade or so...)  It can't  (And don't say "Jaguar" --- its 32v DOHC V-8 is too expensive --- and it, too, is a decade old.)

Even Cadillac sees that.

So GM is improving (have you seen the '08 Malibu?); Chrysler is trying but it still builds too much junk.  Hornet will be a hit, but it'll be imported.  Imperial will be a big hit, but it will still be a hideous-looking thing.  And it will have a half-life, like the hideous-looking 300C: Mazda has not had to incentive-sell its 3 in three-years of life; Chrysler has watched its 300C actual sale prices fall and fall and fall.

China is coming: from Chery (remember Nissan Cherry: wasn't it a joke?), to Shamash, to XS200 ($30k lithium luxury), to ZX40 ($15k box here now.)

http://www.milesautomotive.com/

Toyota now puts LED headlamps on LS600 (and LED license-plate lamps on lesser Lexii); Cadillac took forever to put HIDs on its STS "flagship.

But Lexus can't put precrash warning, obstacle detection, and adaptive cruise control on US cars.  We have too many lawyers, politicians, and judges.

America must do better.