Re: [AMC-List] T-14 Overdrive

A: I don't know what size your tires are, but my setup is for a truck,
hauling considerably more weight (rarely empty nowadays) I have a BA 10/5 so
5th gear is .70 and I figured it out once that I was perfectly matched to
the original ratio of 3.08 with stock 205/75R15 tires. (I didn't even have
to change the speedo gear in my trans. It's within 1/10th of a mile in a 10
mile test zone)

From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] T-14 Overdrive
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I ran the nubers on your combo and mine and assuming 1-1 gearing
in 4th for comparison sake and a 28" tire on my car, My gearing
is steeper!
Yes it runs well and does well on mpg.
As I said I'm somewhat concerned about the .64 overdrive in the
2.95 1st gear motorsport spec trans I'm building. It specs out
to about 1790 RPM at 70 mpg with a 3.31 and just over 1800 rpm
with the propesed 3.42. Ideal is a about a 3.55 but this is not
a "stock gear" for the S10, they go straight to 3.73.
I'll reserve my judgement till I get the trans in and holdoff
till I drive it with the 3.31's then decide.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net