Re: [AMC-List] Rear disc brakes (was: pulling an axle)

Re: [AMC-List] Rear disc brakes (was: pulling an axle)

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: I figured the stock XJ with rear disc brake cables would fit.

when did the xj have rear disks?  afaik only the zj, wj, and tj
rubicon have had them.  dunno about the liberty.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" "
" " A: I was looking at either a Grand Cherokee D35 ebrake and disc brake
" " assembly (shoes inside the "drum" of the rotor) or 8.8" Ford axle with disc
" " brakes (common XJ conversion)
"
" will the zj e-brake cables work on an xj with the zj disks?  xj cables
" won't without mickeymousing as the cable ends are different.