Re: [AMC-List] AMBASSADORS (now trucks)

A: The QT has ALL the power pass thru the chain. NP208 only uses the chain
when the front axle is engaged. That's why it's my choice. Not made for
street driving (in nice weather), but it's locked front and rear when I need
it to be.
   As for the diesels, it's too bad they didn't use a 4L80. They used both
the 4L60 and 4L60E same as GM trucks (at least all the ones I have seen.
4L80 is rare and requires no external computer controller. The more common
4L80E does and the diesels don't have the sensors needed)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] AMBASSADORS (now trucks)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: My stroker in the '84 J10 will do @20 mpg with LPG at $1.50
a gallon.
" That equals @ 25 mpg on gasoline price wise. Not terribly fond
of the smell
" of oil burners. I don't think the QT would stand up to a
weasel either. I
" stretched the #@$* out of the old chain (with the O/D part
time kit)

seems to me all chain-drive t/c would have this weakness to a
degree.

"    The Hummer got a Chev TH400 or 700R4 trans (and that's TOOO
Chevy for my

iirc not a 700r4 but 4L80.
internet rambler                            is to see what all
have seen
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none
thought