Re: [AMC-List] Duraspark distributor woes (258 six)

Re: [AMC-List] Duraspark distributor woes (258 six)

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" The strokers guys have found that running an 87-90 Renix spark plug in
" the 91-06 HO engine (when stroked) will reduce pinging also. The
" recommended plug for the Renix is shorter than the HO plug. Don't know
" if that info will help or not. I think the longer reach plug is getting
" hot and causing pre-detonation, the shorter one doesn't get as hot from
" combustion. Just my opinion though!

i think the renix works as much because it's a step colder than
because of its reach.  iirc folks have had a hard time finding other
than stock plugs for the 4.0.

if you're running lean you should definitely be able to run a colder
plug.  one of the standard reasons for a hotter one is to burn off
the deposits created by short around-town-driving trips.  on top of
that, gas now probably doesn't leave the crud it used to.