Re: [AMC-List] Pulling an Axle

Jim

SNIP
My buddy Brian (with the '82 Spirit) needs rear brakes, so we will be
robbing the backing plates and drums from the spare D35 (they are 10" He
has
the expen$ive 9") I have, unless it's the correct width to fit? Anyone?
'87
XJ D35 in place of an '82 Spirit M15? (spring pads and brackets don't
matter
SNIP
I dunno what the fit interchange is 'tween the 20 and 15 axle with the
10 and 9 inch brakes but----my ' 80  AMX which is an I-6 car should have
the model 15 rear axle and although I have not tried to verify that it
does or not the literature for the thing says the rear gear is a value
that was only offered on the 15 but it does have finned 10 inch brakes
which were standard on the model 20 axle (and also dogon near 90%
cheaper as far as the drum goes.) When I go to buy parts for it I have
to specify 1980 AMC AMX in order to get the right parts for the car.
I also have a micro fiche and a reader to read it with but the
microfiche is middle '80s or so. I will take the time to night to get it
out and see if something like that is listed in the parts section. If I
find something I will drop it on to the files some time tonight or
tomorrow.

My back is a bit sore now, some Ditz in an Infinity SUV (Gawd I hate
that term) and her white poodle ran into the back of my town and country
at an intersection tonight. Says she didn't see it.
As I was not overly happy about the situation I questioned what she
thought that big purple thing was directly in front of her windshield. I
don't thing she like the question.
John.