Re: [AMC-List] Overdrive Options?

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: I don't recall what the trans was I had for my '66 Fairlane. It was
" supposedly a 3 speed modded with O/D in place of reverse and reverse moved
" into the tail stock? (Ford Factory Granada thing I bought from
" http://www.darkhorseperformance.com well before Y2K. He's the West Coast
" Tremec dealer and repair shop) I used it with the column shifter and put a
" Jeep Quadratrac low range cable under the dash to operate reverse gear (as
" it had 3 levers) I had to push in the handle to engage reverse (made a great
" theft detterent till I swapped from 289 std to 428 auto and it was stolen)
" which wouldn't let any other gear engage unless it was pulled out (most
" would think it was an Ebrake and push it in)

if it wasn't original it was probably a late-'70s granada unit,
essentially a regular 4sp toploader with 3rd the o/d and the 3-4 lever
arm inverted to reverse shifting.  as i've said, this box is
dimensionally a straight swap for the amc t150 3sp of the late '70s.

if it was original, it could be a t86 with warner r10 o/d, just like
amc used.