Re: [AMC-List] AMBASSADORS (now trucks)

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"    I figure I need a small truck for the lighter stuff and getting in and
" out of my cabin (20 mpg isn't too bad) and as soon as my '84 J10 is done,
" I'll be able to sell the modded '73 J4000 or turn it into a flatdeck tow
" truck (wish I could find an M715 frame with the 12' bed option! I won't be
" as happy with a GM 2 ton conversion and FSJ cab)
"
" Jim Blair, Seattle, WA '84 J10 Black Jack (getting lifted and stroked!), '73
" J4000 304/TH400/QT tow truck http://www.virtualjeep.com

another possibility for more mileage, if you have a j with a th400, is
swap the amc motor for a gm 6.2/6.5 diesel.  it's the motor in the
hummer...  my friend the engine man drives a 4wd diesel suburban and
gets in the 20s.