Re: [AMC-List] Overdrive

For low buck overdrive I would look for the overdrive four speed used by Ford in the late 70's, The guts can be then swapped into a toploader case and bolted up with AMC parts. This will then adpat to the column shift, giving you four forward gears with over drive on the column. For reverse you put the column in nuetral and either use a heavy overdirve type cable under the dash to engage reverse Or you mount a rod discreetly up thru the floor and pull or push th e rod to engage reverse.
   Is it worth all the work to gain overdrive and keep a column shift???
You decide!
   You may be able to use the entire Ford overdrive four speed, depending on shifter placement, it is a top shifted trans.
   The other lowbuck option is an S-10 shifted T5 with a nice old fashioned gooseneck shifter. It would still look old school with a white or black mushroom knob.

Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV