[AMC-List] Help pulling hub and axle 60 Rambler

[AMC-List] Help pulling hub and axle 60 Rambler

   Actually found new wheel hub for 60 Rambler and started trying to
   pull it today.   Although it's slipped and spins freely, it won't pull
   off easily, budges about 1/8".    Don't want to force it, and was
   advised to pull axle anyway.    Don't understand what's keeping it
   from slipping right off.

   The 4 bolts that hold axle won't budge (no surprise on 46 year old
   car, right?), so I've soaked them in PB Blaster and understand I might
   have to do that for a few days before making progress, or possibly
   using some heat to try to loosen them up.    Any other suggestions
   definitely welcome.

   First time doing this, don't know what to expect after those bolts are
   loose.   Will the axle slip right out or are special tools
   required?    Any ideas on how many lbs torque to tighten those bolts
   back on with?

   Thanks for your time and suggestions-

   Johnny

   [1]Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live
   Spaces