Re: [AMC-List] t-5 transmission for 304

Dave Stohler is putting the T-5 in a 62 Classic two door, wants to keep
the bench seat. The Mustang location puts the shifter back between
bucket seats. I agree with John, that's a great location -- if you have
bucket seats. Chevy S-10 location is great for buckets, but apparently
you have to move the speedo drive gear, at least in some applications.
One fellow I talked to this weekend is having to do that, I'm sending
him an aircraft quality (used for titanium) cobalt drill bit that we
hope will drill into the hardened output shaft. A 5/32 hole about 3/16"
deep needs to be drilled for a pin to key the output gear.