Re: [AMC-List] t-5 into my 62 classic

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, d stohler wrote:
> Subject: [AMC-List] t-5 into my 62 classic

Don't forget you have to make a new rear suspension to get an
open rear axle in there, to replace the torque tube setup.

It can be done, but most conversions I've seen forget that rear
axles don't just go up and down, they rotate, eg. one wheel up
on a curb the other low, or jacking, etc.

Motor mounts and transmission mount won't match up; the trans can
probably be adapted without modification but the motor mounts,
Frank can tell you, he's done it.

Once you do all this it will NOT be a bolt-in to restore the
196 and torque tube.

(PS: Those seats are great -- real springs, comfortable as hell,
look nice... lift out cushions!)