Re: [AMC-List] SX/4 in salvage

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Jim Blair wrote:

> A: Around here they started puncturing tanks and/or draining all fuel to
> keep idiots from removing tanks with a torch (can you say BOOM!!! I knew you
> could... at least once!) There have been numerous fires at yards in recent
> years from idiots with no brain control. (Duh!!!! I'll just drain this gas
> into an open pail about 10 feet from a cutting torch and $100,000 worth of
> building/machinery and see what happens. Yup! Yup!)

I'll second that -- for about two weeks I worked in a wrecking
yard in Bremerton Washington -- I'm no wimp or quitter, but those
guys were insane imbeciles -- they were going to die/get maimed.
No thanks!

In fact, the one job I recall was yanking a torque tube rear
from some big AMC. The car was stacked on other cars, and as it
slid off to one side, about to kill me and the mouth-breather
I'm working with, he jammed a driveshaft or something to prop
the rambler up to the next car over, which leaned, but he kept
yanking on the TT. I was actually scared for my life.

Would that clown (and his boss) torch out a gas tank? Oh yeah.

Some people simply need to be told what to do and how to do it.