Re: [AMC-List] SX/4 in salvage

A: Around here they started puncturing tanks and/or draining all fuel to
keep idiots from removing tanks with a torch (can you say BOOM!!! I knew you
could... at least once!) There have been numerous fires at yards in recent
years from idiots with no brain control. (Duh!!!! I'll just drain this gas
into an open pail about 10 feet from a cutting torch and $100,000 worth of
building/machinery and see what happens. Yup! Yup!)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] SX/4 in salvage
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Justin Shelton <hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I stopped in at the South Side Salvage in South Bend, IN
"
" []
"
" Here's something weird about that yard: when I went to pay for
a door
" handle I pulled, there was a sign up that said something like
"As of
" January 1, 2006, we can no longer let customers purchase gas
tanks or
" fuel pumps."  Is this weird, or what?  I know that it is
illegal to
" sell a used cat converter off a car, but I'd never heard
anything
" about fuel tanks and pumps.  Maybe it's their own policy and
not
" state law.  Odd.

dunno about in, but gasoline is a hazardous waste in this state
so the
first thing most yards do here is yank and crush the tanks -
even on
driveable cars.
internet rambler                            is to see what all
have seen
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none
thought