Re: [AMC-List] Rambler Hot Rod

  I'm with John Elle.  You're not far from the Pomona Swaps, and I hear that it's a real destination.  The house where I scored two V8 Americans for 1K each was only 2 or 3 miles away from the fairgrounds, and that guy couldn't stop himself from going every month.  I guess sometimes it's weekly or twice a month.

 Probably part of it is John and I are both in Phoenix, and you just plain never know what you'll see.  Over here, the Custom, Antique, and Sports Car Trader has things like old hot rod projects all the time.   That 69 Firebird or 66 Mustang will cost a boatload, but these old rat rods and such are around for amazing deals.

There has actually been a complete "barn find" or, more accurately "carport sitter" 29 Nash roadster for sale here in the last 9 months or so that was only 1500 bucks, in poor but running condition.  There have been numerous other early Nashes, Hudsons, and even a few Henry J's and Jets.

One guy in a penny-saver type newsletter offered "assorted pieces of 20's Nash and teens Mitchell parts" for 750 bucks.  The picture showed an entire city residential lot jammed with these parts.  He just needed to get them out of there.  The city build-up and HOA's had reached the guy, and he just needed to get rid of the stuff.   He would'nt take offers on the lot full of tri-five Chevys across the street though.  I just didn't get the 750 in time, and the stuff went to the scrap yard.

Look around, that hot rod idea is probably just waiting to be finished, already chopped, channelled, sectioned, frenched, and just needing a cool drivetrain and front end.  (Hanging the front end  kills lots o' rod projects)
mike