[AMC-List] Rambler Hot Rod - con't

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Jeep? Ford? same difference (hot rod chassis!)

Still cogitating over a Rambler hot rod. Pretty much settled
on a Rambler six, 3-speed/OD, rambler rear. Probably a stock
motor or minor performance hacks.

But then I stumbled upon photos of a 1984 Jeep CJ chassis --
it's of course just a pair of rails that suuuure looks a lot
like a 32 Ford! (If you take off your glasses and squint.)

Close enough to make an all-AMC hotrod!

So there's two ways to go with this:

1) strip a Jeep literally down to the rails, lower suspension to
street-car height (swap out springs etc), and find/modify/make
a rod style body to go on it. I'm not sure how low it could go,
the rear fram arch isn't very deep (but I wanted a "tall boy",
hotrod-wise). This would then be a 4wd hotrod?

Eh, it's too much of a jeep to be a hotrod.

It would be a real Rambler Mentality hot rod, in the good sense
-- fun, old style, cheap and all Rambler!

================

I'd seen the coolest JEEP custom -
they'd taken out the center section
of the JEEP - narrowed the body -