[AMC-List] Jeep? Ford? same difference (hot rod chassis!)

[AMC-List] Jeep? Ford? same difference (hot rod chassis!)

Still cogitating over a Rambler hot rod. Pretty much settled
on a Rambler six, 3-speed/OD, rambler rear. Probably a stock
motor or minor performance hacks.

Ignoring "sheet metal" or glas for now, thinking about chassis;
rails, front axle, all that rot. The hot rod stuff (aka old ford
repro and workalikes, and aftermarket fitments like Mustang II
front ends), it's all quite doable.

But then I stumbled upon photos of a 1984 Jeep CJ chassis --
it's of course just a pair of rails that suuuure looks a lot
like a 32 Ford! (If you take off your glasses and squint.)

Close enough to make an all-AMC hotrod!

(eBay is a great way to check out random ideas for Stuff; what's available,
how much, etc. This one is too crappy and too far away for me, but
good enough for looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-JEEP-CJ-CHASSIS_W0QQitemZ250037634201QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6280QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

So there's two ways to go with this:

1) strip a Jeep literally down to the rails, lower suspension to
street-car height (swap out springs etc), and find/modify/make
a rod style body to go on it. I'm not sure how low it could go,
the rear fram arch isn't very deep (but I wanted a "tall boy",
hotrod-wise). This would then be a 4wd hotrod?

Eh, it's too much of a jeep to be a hotrod.

2) Go further and strip out the front axle. I've never heard
of a short jeep w/2wd, but what do I know. But of course a beam
axle would do just fine -- lots of parts there!

It would be a real Rambler Mentality hot rod, in the good sense
-- fun, old style, cheap and all Rambler!

OK, *NOW* I go to a junkyard with camera, tape measure and
notepad!