Re: [AMC-List] performance cam for 196 ohv

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Tom Jennings wrote:

> Man that would look cool! I bet you could squeeze... 125hp from it!

Seriously... a little turbo in a flathead  American with very, very
modest boost would be a really good thing. Simply size it for
reliability and the weak T98 transmission and not stress the motor.

Simply size the turbo such that maximum boost at maximum engine
RPM is well within safe range and you could dispense with
all controls and pop valves.

With the silly exhaust system that motor uses, making a pipe
to go up to the turbo would be fairly easy.