Re: [AMC-List] performance cam for 196 ohv

Re: [AMC-List] performance cam for 196 ohv

I'm not sure what the differences is in the flathead cam if any.
I would be surprised if you could not do the same with the flat head cam. No one will likely have cores so you will need to provide one. The actual grind can be worked out with the cam shop after they or you provide initial cam specs. Plus you have to look into the whole thing of the cam then having a reduced base circle, How is that addressed with a flat head??? Plus then making sure the springs are up to it!
I'm sure Frank S. will likely have some input on this one!
  Last what is the existing power band like in a flathead? You may kill it if you do much of anything!!!

Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV