Re: [AMC-List] performance cam for 196 ohv

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, M Walter wrote:

>     GREETINGS  AMC  FANS!!!   I had heard a testemonial about the effects of
> putting a cam with 0.10" added lift and 20 deg. duration in a 196 ohv
> engine.  Also, is the cam the same as the flathead 196?   THANK  YOU  one
> and all.    redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx

I wish I had info for you... but I'm interested in hearing
about any plans to hop up that particular motor, or about any
that have been done (recently or in the past).

There's a little bit about that motor in Dick Dotson's books
(scattered throughout the book... with a lot of editorializing
:-)

The motor for all its limitations sounds brick-sh*thouse
rugged. Though there's certainly no market for it it sure would
make a cool fast six!