[AMC-List] Carter BBD alternatives

<Matt>
>Gunk sells carburetor cleaner in gallon containers that works much,
>much faster than what you're describing.

It probably wouldn't have taken three hours to achieve the desired result, I was just being thorough.  Thanks for the tip though, I'll check it out.  I usually do one carburetor a year, minimum, the snow plow sets all spring, summer and fall without use.  F350 4 x 4 with a 400.  I can't afford to move that one too often so the carb suffers the pains of being dry for several months.

I fabricated the choke bracket and the two connecting links, high idle and choke yesterday after work  Installed the carburetor and the Spirit lives.  The car starts fine, runs on high idle fine, although more adjustments in the linkage will improve things.  After warming up the car did something I'm certain it hadn't done for quite some time, Idle.  Alas, this is a troubled Spirit, cylinder number six isn't firing.  I didn't have time to dig into some of the obvious causes, but it seem to have spark, atleast when it knocked on my butt I figured that was a good indicator.  What a rush..

I was tempted to button it up and go for a ride, but like I said, "out of time for today."

This Holley substitution for the Carter seems to be a good one.  I think I would still prefer the non-feedback Carter due to the ease of adjustments that carburetor offers.  Who knows, I'll keep my eyes open, with my glasses on, for one off a slant super six.  If I had a dime for every one I changed accellerator pump rubbers on in 1977. . .

I have to let the Spirit set for a few days while I get the Truck ready to move the AMX.  She needs brake work and general service before the trip.

Jack