Re: [AMC-List] Not the AM Macaren

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Jim Blair wrote:

> A: On the one Fiero I dealt with that was overheating due to trapped air, I
> drilled the head near the thermostat and put in a bleeder valve kit (from a
> Honda Civic) that let the air out. Redline Water Wetter was also conducive
> to dropping the underhood temps.

To all of my cars I add one of those "radiator flush kit"
things that's a hose bib adapter "T" that goes inline in a
heater hose. I also ignore the directions and mount it on the
"highest" heater hose, with the cap facing up.

To bleed air, I simply crack the flush cap. Since it's at
the highest point in the engine (by hose arrangement, or I
can lift it up) above the radiator, when the engine's hot it
works perfectly as a bleeder.