Re: [AMC-List] AMC Hot Rod-Mid engine

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" From: markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"
" I have the Nailhead adapter setup for a 327. If it would turn out Rangerover
" went to any of the overdrive trans in a nailhead pattern! I could then maybe
" adapt a overdrive to a Gen I engine! Cool!
" ------------------
"
" Hmmm... the Rover V-8 is the old Buick 215 aluminum V-8. I don't know
" what pattern it used, the B-O-P or SBC.

neither; like the nailhead, it predates the wide use of the b-o-p.
bellhousings with the gm std tranny pattern are hard to get.  if it
had the sbc or bop this wouldn't be an issue.

" It could have the nailhead pattern, but I doubt it.

it doesn't.

" I've never seen one of those out of a vehicle
" though. You might ask on some Range Rover boards what pattern is still
" used, and what transmissions. Might be Borg-Warner model 65 s or
" Aisin-Warner derivatives. Could even be an HD version of the AW-4 as
" used behind the Lexus V-8 (in fact that's very likely!).

rover used export bw35s behind the v8 in cars, down under at least.
it wouldn't surprise me if the 4sp turns out to be an aw4; volvo uses
it in their rwd cars.  but l-r is owned by someone else now [bmw?
ford?] and finally dropped the old buick motor a few years ago.  i
also wouldn't be surprised if the 4sp auto came along with the motor
from their new daddy.