Re: [AMC-List] AMC Hot Rod-Mid engine

Date: Thursday, October 5, 2006 12:03 PM
From: markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now this would be interesting to research!
I have the Nailhead adapter setup for a 327. If it would turn out
Rangerover
went to any of the overdrive trans in a nailhead pattern! I could then
maybe
adapt a overdrive to a Gen I engine! Cool!
  NAW! Can't be that easy!

Hmmm... the Rover V-8 is the old Buick 215 aluminum V-8. I don't know
what pattern it used, the B-O-P or SBC. It could have the nailhead
pattern, but I doubt it. I've never seen one of those out of a vehicle
though. You might ask on some Range Rover boards what pattern is still
used, and what transmissions. Might be Borg-Warner model 65 s or
Aisin-Warner derivatives. Could even be an HD version of the AW-4 as
used behind the Lexus V-8 (in fact that's very likely!).