[AMC-List] Intake Manifold

Joe,

Yes, you can use the valley pan with an internal oil
line.  I usually mark the location of the fitting
between cylinders 6 and 8.  Then take a hole saw or a
hole punch and cut out a 1" hole in the gasket in that
location.  Now you put the gasket in place with the
front section under the fitting in the junction block,
then screw the back fitting into the block through
that hole. You can also cut a V out of the pan to
clear the line but I like the hole method better.  It
is much cleaner.  Also, there should be no reason the
tin PCV baffle that attaches to the under side of the
intake to interfere with the oil line.  Why is yours
hitting this line?  I have installed these many times
on engines with the internal line with no problem.

Nick Alfano
Alfano Performance
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

---- Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Simple question..added to this. MY wife's new 401
was
> assembled(not by me) with am aluminum Offy intake
and
.
> PCV hole is wide open to the lifter valley. NOW..the
> engine had the  lifter valley line kit installed. Is
> there a way to slot...etc..the tin valley pan gasket
> so i can install it? The engine is NOT in the car
yet.
> I've heard it will suck oil like mad without the
> valley pan gasket. Will the tin pan thats supposed
> be riveted to the intake being missing be a issue
> also? Supposedly NO room for it with the lefter
valley