Re: [AMC-List] AMC intake manifolds.

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> I've always wondered why a work around could not be found for this problem!
> Could the inline Type PVC not be rerouted to a valve cover or the oil fill tube?
> I know that the pan should be in place to keep hot oil splash off the intake, BUT???
>   I would think you could notch the pan around the oil feed line if needed. It would still stop most oil splash from reaching the intake and pvc if down carefully.

Yeah, I agree. The valley pan gasket isn't magic. Just notch it
to clear. Not every square inch of the valley pan is needed,
first, and second, you could simply made an umbrella of thin
metal over the section where the crossover tube protrudes into
it if you were paranoid or it looks like a splash area.