[AMC-List] amc hotrod/ oposite rotation

i have your solution to the rear engine/ reverse rotation issues. as some folks here know i am in the army. in iraq right now. i am a mechanic in the army. i work on hummers. hummers have the portal hubs. the axle shaft goes in on the top, drives a geared hub, and the spindle the wheel is mounted on is lower. well.... hummers use chevy 6.2 or 6.5 turbo diesel engines, and chevy trannys and transfer cases. thing is, the differentials rotate backwards due to the portal hubs. get you a hummer differential to mount up front, and have your spindles as normal front drive spindles. do sorta like a chevy ifs looking front. if i recall correctly, the diffs are dana's, just the pinnion is on the oposite side. would still be easy to get gear sets for, they are just mounted backwards. as for the "flipping" of front axles, dont forget, you have breather holes you would have to seal  up, and redrill on the "new" top end.....   just my $.02 from iraq.

  dave stohler
  camp taji iraq