Re: [AMC-List] Fw: disc brakes interchange question

Re: [AMC-List] Fw: disc brakes interchange question

I did the matador brake conversion on my 64 Classic
Your conversion may differ slightly as my car is RHD
It is a straight bolt on job but I had to use customised flexible hoses at the
time as did not get the Matador ones with the conversion.
The standard classic hoses were not quite long enuf and stretched on full lock
when i tested the setup.
I suggest you get new hoses if possible as insurance.

While the job is not dificult do not attempt it unless you are skilled enough
to do it. Ramblers are not much fun without brakes.

I have kept the standard unboosted brake master cylinder after removing the
check valve for the front brakes.
This gives you an ABS type set up as it is virtualy impossibile to lock up the
front brakes.

I have a booster to go on the car at some stage to fix that.

This along with the conversion to electric wipers is one of the best things I
have done to my car.

Cheers
Stu
Melbourne