Re: [AMC-List] Shippping - www.forwardair.com -

Guess the gross shipping weight of this loaded engine and transmission???
Well, I betcha that it wil go pretty close to 750 pounds (maybe even with a
heavy oak skid under it...)

I still have some freight information posted at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/fcs/fcsystem.html   then look at the
"shipping information" item on the menu.  It might give you an idea of the
basis that motor carriers charge you.

It depends on where you are shipping from and to as to what carrier you will
have to choose from for hauling this.  Pick one that goes direct for the
best service and least handling and best results, generally.  They will
charge you on basis of per cwt at actual weight.

Trucking rates are very high... but they have discounts for good customers.
It would be nice to be working for or be well acquainted with a firm that is
a good customer and has a good discount pricing arrangement set up with the
carrier and you can maybe arrange with the company to have them shown as
consignee  and shipped at a good discount and you can either pay the freight
bill or reimburse them for the freight charges.  It they don't want to
accept delivery at  their place of business perhaps you can make arrangement
to pick it up from their freight dock.

Trucking LTL (small shipment) rates are so inflated now that they often
discount the rates by as much at 75 to 80% now.  Ridiculous, huh?  And every
carrier has his own rates altough many of them are competitive with one
another.

Many carriers have on line rates information that you can check for yourself
at their web sites.   They may well have some restrictions on handling this,
also.  The  will likely require  all fluids to be drained and be rigidly
strapped or banded to a good skid and all protruding parts removed and
bundled to the skid or shipped in separate boxes, etc...
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > <ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx>
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/ ... and "check the links"