Re: [AMC-List] 82 Eagle/Tilt Steering

SNIP
saginaw tilts are famous for loosening up just like this.  it isn't
wear - there's a joint down inside that's a little hard to get to but
it can be put right with iirc a long handled allen wrench.
SNIP
This is true for the most part but it might be a Torx wrench rather
Allan wrench depending on the year. I have made this repair and it
is a good excuse to purchase a TSM as the instructions are in it
(Along with instructions for lots of other stuff) and it is doable.
It may require the rental of a tool to remove the lock plate and a
steering wheel puller if you do not have one. It is also not that
hard to switch out the steering column either, but that may also be
a good reason to purchase a TSM.
John